Over $450 Million in Settlements & Verdicts: $4.6 million truck accident

Edelman & Thompson 2017 Sponsorships

Ban Johnson Amateur Baseball League

The League’s summer baseball program featured many of Kansas City’s top college players and celebrated its 90th birthday this year. Edelman & Thompson sponsored a team in this program and was excited to see them place second in the league.

Kansas City T-Bones Baseball Club

Edelman & Thompson sponsored the T-Bones’ Hits for Heroes program for the fourth consecutive year. We gave $10 to the VFW for each T-Bones hit at home games this season, which brought this year’s donation to $4,080 and our total donations to over $15,000.

AIDS Walk

All money raised at the AIDS Walk stays in Kansas City and benefits several organizations that provide services and resources for the more than 5,700 Kansas Citians affected by HIV/AIDS. We were pleased to sponsor this year’s walk, which raised over $529,000.

CCVI Trolley Run

All funds raised from the Trolley Run benefit the local Children’s Center for the Visually Impaired (CCVI). We enjoyed sponsoring this event and supporting CCVI’s mission to enable children who are blind or visually impaired to achieve their full potential in the sighted world.

March of Dimes – March for Babies and Bikers for Babies

The March of Dimes walk/run and motorcycle ride raise awareness of premature birth, birth defects and infant mortality. Bikers for Babies passed a new milestone this year – KC bikers have now raised more than $9 million over the past 23 years! We were proud to sponsor these events and help give every baby a fighting chance.

Heart & Stroke Walk/5K Run

The American Heart Association’s mission is to build healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke. We were proud to endorse this mission, and were also pleased that this year’s Walk/5K Run raised over $660,000 to help fight heart disease and stroke!

Amy Thompson Run for Brain Injury

Since the first run in honor of Amy Thompson was held in 1988, more than $1.5 million has been raised to help people with brain injuries. We were pleased to sponsor this year’s run and advocate for brain injury awareness and prevention while honoring the memory of a remarkable young woman.

Royals Charities 5K Run/Walk

Royals Charities supports Kansas City in many ways by benefiting children, education, youth baseball/softball and the military. We were proud to sponsor an organization that does so much good for our community, and were excited to see more than $120,000 raised in support of their mission.

Olathe Criterium

We were pleased to sponsor the Olathe Criterium cycling race, and were very proud to see one of our attorneys, Brett Coppage, finish 11th in his category!

Walk to Defeat ALS

We support the ALS Association’s mission to treat and cure ALS through global research and nationwide advocacy, while also empowering those affected by the disease to live fuller lives by providing them compassionate care and support. Donations to the walk far surpassed the event goal of $435,000!

Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure

It was an honor to join Susan G. Komen in their fight to save lives and end breast cancer forever. 75% of net proceeds from the race stayed right here in KC to help fund programs including screening, diagnostics and treatment services. The other 25% will fund national research efforts.

American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk

The American Cancer Society has played a crucial part in the discovery of many breast cancer treatments, and money raised from this walk could go towards the discovery of more lifesaving developments. We’re proud to endorse their efforts in research, risk reduction, early detection and providing resources to patients and caregivers.

Edelman & Thompson has 5 locations in the Kansas City, Missouri & Kansas City, Kansas.

Disclaimer: Edelman & Thompson believe that the choice of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Choosing a lawyer is an important step in protecting your rights. Call us, then decide. Office visits are by appointment only. Settlements and verdicts depend on the facts of each case. Past success does not guarantee success in any future cases. Costs and expenses will be advanced and reimbursed to us only if you recover. You have no liability for costs or expenses unless a court directs.